Monday, November 07, 2005


Terrell Owens.................i know what you are thinking.........Jerk, Pompus Ass, Selfish, Worst teammate of all time, and guess what you are right. This is hard for me because I was one of the biggest T.O. fans and constantly defended him. I specifically remember defending him when my friends Rob and Steve would tell me he was a joke. I liked Terrible since he was a rookie and i watched him smash the Carolina Panthers circa Kerry Collins era. I liked the Spike on the star, and i loved the cheerleader dance, and was a huge fan of the Sharpie incident. My reasoning you ask? because when he was on the field he brought it. No question, this man just brought it hard and solid everytime. I loved him catching an 8 yard slant and gaining 30 yards running across the field and stiff arming some of the best defenders in the league like they were pushing away Timmay or Jimmy. For the most part none of his antics ever cost the team, and when he did, he kinda had a point. He got irritated with Jeff Garcia because he didnt get the ball, but he was a top notch receiver and i think that a lot of times Coach Steve Mariucci purposely called plays away from owens. Many 49er fans saw the same things i saw, and when the 49ers starting losing because of it, then T.O. started to lash out.

This is when it became hard to defend him, because his antics started to have an effect on the team. It wasnt long after that T.O. was moved to Balitimore (we thought) and then on to Philly. The eagles and their fans loved T.O. They cheered him, I cheered him, he was my favorite player. He dominated and was explosive, he looked like two T.O.'s. But then it happened again and worse, he started attacking people and organizations and everyone got fed up again. I do feel conflicted because he was my favorite player for a long time but it is time to let go. I officially declare Terrible Terrell Owens is a bad teammate and a headcase. But next year when he is on a different team scoring touchdowns and acting like he is truly happy this time, and i jump back on the bandwagon, dont hate me, just try to understand

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home